The DC Community Access Network (DC-CAN) is bringing affordable, value-added broadband services to over 250 health, educational, public safety and other community anchor institutions with a focus on broadband underserved areas of the District. It also creates a high speed, open access, middle mile network for last mile service providers to deliver affordable broadband to residents and businesses in underserved areas.
501c3 non-profit Community Anchor Institutions that offer health or education services in the District are eligible for DC-CAN service.
- Request Services
- Community Anchor Presentation
- Community Anchor Service Contract
- Service Level Agreement
- Log in (User ID and password required)
DC-CAN service will be available within three months after contract signing and receipt of funds.
Last Mile Service Providers
The open access DC-CAN network provides middle mile services for ISPs and other last mile providers, including wavelength and Ethernet data transport at speeds up to 40 Gbps, Internet at speeds up to 1 Gbps, and colocation at our Reston data center location and on-net shelters and meet-me points. For more information about partnering with DC-CAN, select here.
- Request for Information
- Last Mile Provider and Carrier Symposium Presentation
- Points of Interconnection
- Open Access Network Policy
- Last Mile Provider Requirements Form—Complete and email to email@example.com.
- Interested in partnering? Send us an email.
- 3/29/12 - Ward 5 Community Anchor Town Hall
- 6/9/11 - Broadband Opportunities in Ward 7 with DC-CAN
- 5/31/11 - Anacostia Coordinating Council Annual Meeting
- 4/21/11 - Ward 8 Town Hall Meeting at Councilmember Marion Barry's office
- 12/9/10 - Last Mile Provider and Carrier Symposium
Press and Media
For more on DC-CAN, please see our Media page.
- 3/27/13 - DC-CAN Selected as Computerworld Honors Laureate
- 8/30/12 - Building a Better Infrastructure (page 15)
- 12/12/11 - DC: We'll see your 1 Gig, raise you 100 Gig - December 2012
- 12/7/11 - District Becomes America's First 100-Gigabit City
- 3/29/11 - District Breaks Ground for DC-CAN in Ward 8.
- View current and past invoices online
- Report a problem or check the status of a known issue
- Request more information about products and services
As a federally funded project under the ARRA, DC-CAN status is reported quarterly: