Federal agencies in the District of Columbia can take advantage of DC-Net secure, highly reliable services for their trusted Internet, data network, telecommunications, and private cloud needs. Owned and managed by the District of Columbia Government, DC-Net provides true government-to-government service, offering federal agencies both significant cost and operational efficiencies.
Services to federal agencies include:
- Managed Trusted Internet Protocol Services (MTIPS)—50 Mbps and 100 Mbps services available now.
- Data Transport—Saving agencies over 30 percent in ongoing transport costs through its secure, reliable services:
- Wave and fractional wave—point-to-point and multi-point 1Gbps to 40Gbps scalable to 100 Gbps
- Ethernet—10 Mbps to 10 Gbps E-Line, E-LAN, and E-Tree services
- MPLS-based VPN—10 Mbps to Gbps
- VoIP/Unified Communications
- Private Cloud
Key network features include:
- Public safety grade network serving government since 2003.
- Nearly 600 miles of fiber throughout the District, supported by a 100 Gbps underground backbone optical network.
- Services at 300+ buildings in the District, data connectivity to 100+ federal and District government agencies, customer base of 75,000 users.
- Physical and logical site redundancy, Five9 availability, service-level agreements customized to your agency’s specific needs.
- State-of-the-art Network Operations Center (NOC) and Security Operations Center (SOC) in three locations, providing 24/7 monitoring and immediate trouble response.
- FIPS-compliant network infrastructure with security boundaries ensuring agency-centric data separation and protection.
- Interconnection with major carriers (including Internet2) at 14 sites throughout the city, CoreSite in Reston, VA, and Equinix in Ashburn, VA.
To learn more about our federal solutions, contact our Federal Account Services team at [email protected].